Nothing. Nothing at all. Unless, of course, you’re lucky enough to have a branding expert as a friend. Everyone has opinions and most love to share their thoughts. A friend recently shared new logos on social media that were being considered for his existing business. Aside from a few decent observations, most of the comments were akin to, “I like it”, “cool” and “neato”.
Whether you spend $5, $500 or $5000 on a logo, many questions must be answered to ensure your brand aligns with customer expectations. But, since we don’t have time for all that today, here are five critical questions to consider when designing a new logo or updating an existing one. Questions 2, 3 and 4 are also imperative in creating great content.
- Why do you need a new logo?
- What 5 keywords describe your business?
- What message do you want to convey to your customers?
- What makes your company distinct from competitors?
- What do you like and dislike about your competitors logos?
Creating a successful logo and developing a brand (or rebranding) requires much more than answering the five above questions but, it’s a great start.